Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I have been conquered by today,
And it seems that had to be that way.
I had to once again see
That life is not about me.
For the past three days,
My heads been stuck in a cold maze.
Filled with coughs, and sniffles, and tissues like never before,
Making me feel like I cannot take any more.
But as I sat in my car, about to get angry a red light,
An idea hit me, like the lights on the car across the street from me, shining bright.
What am I doing wasting my time,
Instead of being so angry I could be sitting in the rain trying to rhyme.
I was told today that the rain is to continue for the next three days,
That thought alone leaving me in a contradictory haze.
I need to get better,
But that’s impossible if I continue to go out into the rain without a sweater.
For in my heart the rain always prevails,
Simply because the gloomy weather is perfect to tell my tales.
So grasping the last three days of this storm,
Continually writing will keep me mentally, and physically warm.
Cheers to the rain,
For keeping me sain.
For dulling my hearts pain,
And never letting my writing be in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment